The South Dakota Soccer Hall of Fame was created in 1994 with the mission to find a way to say thank you to those deserving individuals who have given so much to soccer in South Dakota. Each year we induct up to four individuals into the Hall of Fame, during ceremonies or banquets in their local community. You will also find a memorial located at Yankton Trails soccer complex in Sioux Falls SD, look for the big Soccer Ball inscribed on it our the names of our inductees. The South Dakota Soccer Hall of Fame would not exist with out the support of South Dakota Youth Soccer and the many volunteers who give of their time to support us, for this we say THANK YOU.
The South Dakota Soccer Association Hall of Fame program pays tribute and honors annually, the remarkable men and women for their contributions to soccer either as a coach, board member, referee, administrator, or volunteer, for the South Dakota Soccer Association.
To publicly recognize those individuals who demonstrated the importance of development and growth of soccer and promote the positive values of the sport. Nominations will go through a voting process at which no more than 4 inductees may be nominated into the Hall of Fame.
Annual nominations must be submitted no later than the 15th of October to the 7th Vice President of the SDSSA. Nominees must have a minimum of 10 years of involvement with soccer in some type of capacity i.e. coach, board member, referee, administrator, or volunteer. Nomination letter must be submitted with a minimum of two Letters of Recommendations and any other supporting documents for the voting members to review. The Nomination Letter and Letters of Recommendations must have detailed information on the inductee and the achievements of the nominee. Each supporting document must contain the contact information of the individual who is submitting the documents.
All supporting documents are confidentially sent to the Hall of Fame Membership and SDSSA District Representatives for voting. The SDSSA District Representatives will count as 40% of the vote and the HOF Membership will count as the remaining 60% of the votes. The nominee must receive a total of 80% of YES votes to be inducted into the SDSSA Hall of Fame. The nominee may be nominated the following year if he/she is not inducted. The inductee(s) will be announced and recognized at the SDSSA Annual General Meeting. The SDSSA 7th VP will oversee the voting process for accuracy and will submit the names to the State Administrator for the processing of the awards.
For more information regarding South Dakota Soccer Hall of Fame, please contact: Dale Weiler, Technical & Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
SDYSA Hall of Fame
Carol McFarland McKee
William ‘Bill’ Herbst
Kris (Peters) Williams)
William Ed Erickson